Army Wellness Centers provide integrated and standardized primary prevention programs and services that promote enhanced and sustained healthy lifestyles to improve the overall well-being of Soldiers and Family Members.
· Health Assessment Review - An analysis of a person's health status, risk for disease, and ability to increase physical activity safely
· Physical Fitness - State of the art equipment is used to assess flexibility, muscular strength, cardio-respiratory fitness levels, and body composition. In conjunction with fitness testing, clients receive a comprehensive report that shows current fitness levels. An individualized exercise program and counseling on how to meet their specific goals
· Healthy Nutrition - Use of metabolic testing that assesses an individual's resting metabolic rate to provide tailored strategies for weight loss, gain or maintenance.
· Stress Management - Education in biofeedback, stress relief techniques, and positive coping skills.
· General Wellness Education - Classes on topics such as healthy lifestyles, good sleep habits, increased resiliency, preventing chronic disease through healthy living habits, and self-care
· Unit Level Fitness Assessments: Unit level fitness assessments provide units the ability to be assessed in a group setting. A unit level fitness assessment typically consists of body composition, metabolic assessment and nutrition education. Participants will be provided an individual plan to help them reach their individual as well as their units' fitness goals.
Prior to your appointment, we would like you to answer a few questions about your current health habits to help us develop your individual wellness plan. Please click the link below to log in to the survey. As you complete the survey, follow the instructions, answer each question carefully, update any information that is not current, and click "continue" until you reach the end of the survey. We look forward to your visit!
You will need an AKO username and password to log into the site.
As the Army Wellness Center (AWC) is an appointment-based center, it is imperative that our customers and center staff establish a cooperative partnership to adhere to appointment times. AWC will make every effort to see our patients in a timely manner. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. We strongly encourage patients to arrive 10 to15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time to allow for completion of inprocessing paperwork. Patients who arrive 15 minutes or more late may be asked to reschedule. If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please call 706-7878-6756 and reschedule. This will aid in timely client flow, decrease wait times, and allow other clients to book an appointment.